SEPTEMBER, 2021 / By Ben Wilson
The 10 Core Benefits of using Adobe Commerce | Web Force 5
There are many website solutions for large eCommerce businesses out there, so it can be confusing and overwhelming when trying to find a good fit for your organisation. When researching eCommerce platforms, it is important to remember that essentially, you will want one that will successfully deliver your business outcomes and objectives.
Your eCommerce website will determine four main things:
- Running costs - both setup and ongoing costs
- Growth and success of your business
- Customer engagement and experience
- Delivering of your objectives
What to Consider When Selecting an eCommerce Platform
The option you will decide on depends on a number of factors. Pay attention to the following criteria when researching an eCommerce platform for a large enterprise or business:
- Experience and support of the vendor - ensure they have the expertise and experience to meet your business’ requirements along with the necessary ongoing customer support to resolve any problems as they arise.
- Security - it is crucial that your provider has all the necessary security protocols to protect your eCommerce site.
- Functionality and customisation - does the platform have the capability to grow with your business? Does it have comprehensive SEO features to enable your site to rank highly? The platform must be mobile-friendly and allow you to design your site the way you want it.
- Product complexity - it is obvious to select a platform with all the features you require - however it is best to avoid those that have many more features than you actually need - you’ll be paying for those features and not using them.
- Budget - have a clear budget in mind.
- User experience (UX) - how your users interact with your eCommerce site can make or break your success. Overall user experience is vastly improved with a user-friendly, intuitive and personalised platform. Also, you want flexibility in a platform, to adapt to your customers when needed.
- eCommerce analytics - it is vital to be able to measure data and KPIs so a platform with a built-in analytics system is a great way to do that easily.
Some of the world’s largest eCommerce platforms include BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce. While they are highly popular and successful for very good reasons, they should still be evaluated based on the above requirements and whether they suit your organisation.
Then there is Adobe Commerce, which was formerly called Magento up until May 2021. Adobe Commerce allows you to create world-class B2C and B2B shopping experiences with incredible features, global partners, a huge extensions marketplace and unlimited customisation. It is extremely agile and flexible, enabling the creation of a compelling eCommerce site with a powerful UX.
10 Benefits to Using Adobe Commerce
1.Versatile Content Management System
The platform is intuitive and very visual, so it is easy to create and manage content. It is highly customisable, from the appearance and organisation of your site, through to choosing payment, shipment and language options. The options are almost endless - however, keep in mind that such a high level of customisation will often benefit from engagement with an Adobe Commerce partner to help set you up - then ongoing adding and editing is simple.
2.Very Powerful & Spacious
Hundreds of thousands of products can be listed on one site so that means it will grow with your business - begin with Adobe Commerce and you won’t need to upgrade down the track. Also, this powerhouse platform can process over 80,000 orders every hour. It has fast loading web pages too, which is so important in this fast-paced world.
Adobe Commerce was designed with SEO in mind, so it is simple to optimise content and generates SEO-friendly URLs, giving your business a greater chance at higher search engine rankings.
Adobe Commerce is perfectly mobile-responsive and converts seamlessly between desktop and mobile devices, providing improved UX for your customers.
5.It’s Great for Sales
Because Adobe Commerce was built specifically for sales, it is great at driving conversions. You can easily target customers based on their activity history and can tailor promotions. Prompts can be added on product pages and at check-out to increase UX and potentially increase sales. The content management system offers a one-page checkout, so customers are less likely to abandon their shopping cart.
With high-end reporting features built in, you can obtain insights into orders, customers and products, helping you advance your sales.
Your site will be as safe as it can be with Adobe Commerce, known for its top-of-the-line security and best practices. There are multiple levels of security permissions to secure your store effectively and protect it from possible breaches.
7.Huge Global Community
Adobe Commerce is used globally by hundreds of thousands of businesses and developers so there is a lot of support whenever you run into any difficulties with your site.
Connect your eCommerce store easily with third-party payment gateways and web applications including PayPal, eBay, Google Shopping, QuickBooks, MailChimp and many more.
Using a unique search term cloud, product tag filters and product reviews, the platform provides great filters for customers. You can set up the filters and navigation any way you like to help customers find what they are looking for.
10.Extensions & Plugins
A lot of your eCommerce site’s functionality may come from using plugins. Using these can save the hard work of starting from scratch, saving time and money - many of them are free.
Web Force 5 is a certified Adobe Commerce solution partner in Australia and the US. We never rest at providing the highest quality and support, within your designated budget. In addition, we also deliver world-class solutions across other major platforms to suit your business. This includes BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce and our own Continuum platform, a comprehensive yet easy to use website content management system. Get in touch for a free no obligation chat to begin your path to amazing eCommerce.