AUGUST, 2022 / By Ben Wilson
Best Digital Marketing Tools for Businesses
Digital Marketing Tools to Grow Your Business
Digital marketing is an integral part of any business and is continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Being smart about what you have in place for your business will encourage growth and success, helping to push you ahead of your competition.
Digital marketing has become very complex in terms of the different capabilities that are available. What feels like not very long ago, only a simple set of tools were needed to manage a website. Now, technology has evolved into hundreds, if not thousands, of options that are available to maximize online success.
When appropriate marketing tools are used together, they can have a very powerful effect on the success of a business. Used to maximize website traffic, conversion rates, sales, customer loyalty and overall productivity, the right combination is critical.
When considering the tools to select for your business, keep in mind your business objectives, budget and ideal target audience. It is worth mapping out a plan to leverage the benefit of these tools as business performance improves.
Some of the Best Digital Marketing Tools
There are numerous tools available to assist with the different categories of online marketing that include but are definitely not limited to those listed below.
Website Building & Content
The content on your website is crucial to attracting and maintaining customers. Keywords, graphics, relevant and helpful information, and a positive user experience will increase your success.
- Buzzsumo: Providing information on what is trending and being shared, and by whom, will give you the insights to modify your online content to maximize results.
- Continuum: This one-stop-shop is a comprehensive tool for website building, CRM, email marketing, reporting, ecommerce and much more.
- Frase: Using artificial intelligence, this tool provides advanced insights into your website content so you can adjust it as necessary.
There are many tools to help you run the background of your business, like finances, internal communication, project management and planning.
- Slack: This platform is great for communication with your team members rather than relying on email. It integrates with other tools too, to simplify things even more.
- Google Drive: This platform is a cloud sharing tool to save all your files, presentations and reports.
- QuickBooks: One of the best tools for your accounting needs, it integrates with many different platforms.
- Asana: A management system to streamline project management, deadlines, reporting and communication.
Being across the latest trends will help you alter your business’ approach to attract leads and ultimately lead to an increase in conversions.
- Survey Monkey: With a range of surveys set up ready to go, find out what your customers think about your business.
- Quora: A great platform for asking market research questions so you know what people are looking for, to then use in your marketing efforts.
Social media is a really important marketing channel. It is a great place to get new leads and build relationships as well as obtaining data to determine exactly what it is that your customers want.
- Buffer: This platform makes it easy to manage all your social media marketing from one place. It is simple and intuitive and comes with lots of advanced features to choose from. The software allows you to manage your social media content simply and effectively so you can plan, create and schedule posts, engage with followers and it also provides analytics.
- Sprout Social: Giving you the option to post to multiple social media platforms by automation, it has an analytics dashboard to monitor activity across each of your social media channels.
Being able to monitor a broad range of data and statistics gives you invaluable insights into how your business is performing and what areas need improvement.
- Google Analytics: This popular platform is an obvious choice as it gives you a plethora of data to ensure you get the insight you want about how your users are engaging with your website and track conversions.
- Kissmetrics: See what is happening on your website with a focus on actual user behaviour.
Email is tried and tested and still a fantastic way of communicating marketing campaigns for companies of any size.
- Moosend: An all-in-one solution that equips you with a tool for lead generation to conversion using popups and an email builder to create effective professional campaigns.
- Unroll.me: Keep track of subscription emails in one place, this tool ensures a tidy inbox.
- Mailchimp: A popular marketing automation platform and email marketing service for managing mailing lists and creating email marketing campaigns
Design & Graphics
Images, graphs and memes are just some of the visual content that can affect the impact your website and advertizing have on users.
- Canva: This free tool creates professional-looking graphics, regardless of your design experience. With a huge range of templates, fonts and art it is easy to customize your project for social media, blog posts, videos or even your company logo.
- Pexels: Free stock images can be easily downloaded to help get your business noticed.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Anything you can do to increase your business’ presence in search engine results is essential.
- SEMRush: This is a vast platform that provides over 50 tools for SEO, PPC, website content and much more. It helps you find the keywords that your competitors are using to get traffic and for their PPC ads, enabling you to do some competitive analysis.
- Moz: With both free and paid SEO tools you can undertake keyword research, site audits and check on your search engine rankings.
- Screaming Frog SEO: Easy to use, this is a crawling tool to provide information about your site to help with SEO.
Even really small changes can get your website’s visitors to convert so finding ways to optimize your site in this aspect is critical.
- Unbounce: An easy-to-use tool for altering and building landing pages to test and analyse. It has handy templates to get you started.
- Hotjar: Gives a great real-time record of the actions and behaviours of visitors to your site and it is super easy to see what needs to be tweaked.
You want the time and money you invest in advertizing to be well spent.
- Adbeat: A handy tool that displays your competitors’ display ads so you can see what they’re doing.
- Google Keyword Planner: A simple to use tool that gives you keyword ideas so you can always build effective ad campaigns.
Large and small businesses will benefit from making the most of the various online tools available for digital marketing.
An excellent option if you are limited with resources or are unsure which tools are best for your business is to consult with a website development company like Web Force 5. We have a team highly skilled in digital marketing and can help point you in the right direction. Call or make an appointment online to speak to a specialist consultant for a free no obligation chat.